Skip to main content

Written For Spoken #4: A Legend of a Smile

I saw her.

On the insides of my eyelids where she resides on her throne of brightness; she’s a sun in a dark room, and I sat there charging in her radiance like a Kryptonian. Every ray, a soft stroke telling me it’s ok to love again. 

Her skin is velvet. Silk strands merged with my fingers. As I held her hand, her gaze tore through my fallen generations and handpicked me to award this smile to. It’s magic, but it’s fire... keeps you warm. Especially when you rub your hands over her, or MARSHMALLOWS, You could fry marshmallows on her soul.

Every time I looked at her, my being shook, like opening a new book where the first few lines got you hooked. The silent alarm, telling Neo to wake up. 

The way her face lit up; the sparkle in her eye like a torch on a Tamagochi. Her cheeks running away from each other, kept together by that cute nose, eyes collapsing in an explosion of happiness. 

Was that a giggle or is Olympus falling? Is she a goddess come to grant me a laugh so fluffy I’m gonna die? 

The sound echoes into my eternity and brightens my futures. A beautiful horizon in my soul’s wilderness. A smile unrehearsed and filterless. Bliss, begging for a kiss. Divine sexuality oozing from her lips, so out of reach, it's the recipe of myth. Legend. 
But right in front of me, offering absolution. 

A spectacle shaped and polished by humor and intellect. An open mind as ancient as Egyptian. Queen. Her ancestors are proud. 

This, mixed with the way lights hit her face at these angles. acute. reflections. complexion, golden bronze with chips of chocolate. I say lights because from within I see her glow as well. like.. I wonder if we switched these lights off...

it's a galaxy, this smile, and when I wake up, I wanna be an astronaut.

~Ziz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written for Spoken #2: See You In Heaven by Raandjua

"Like a rose in full bloom, life's thorns and flowers prickle and pierce the veins to my heart My tear glands have dried up like a once delicate flower in the Namib Dessert on a cold cold winter night   Mya's white pearls intertwined between my fingers remind me of our time together and how we used to make each other smile   Summer rain-red robots-screeching tires...the ear-piercing sound of ambulance sirens in the dark of the night, came as if, from the mouth of the angel of death   Summer rain-red robots-screeching tires…and just like that, the love of my life was gone   Fallen autumn pebbles on the sidewalk awaken visions of blood-drenched leaves   Memories of song and dance are ever-present realities, in a reality, devoid of life   Those mourning lost loved ones and lost love are the subjects of my envy Tears run down their cheeks and I reach over to wipe them away, as I pray, that their tears, never run away   For once they do, then they t...

Esthetic Arrest Prt I: Beautiful

The human mind fascinates me so. Have you ever landed your gaze on something or someone beautiful? It was like the act in itself rendered you paralyzed. Completely against your will but strangely voluntary. The stare. I do that shxt all the time. If creativity says Let God Speak. Then Beauty says Look at God. To deny the magnificence of life and thus being alive, is to take the sand from the desert.. To rid the ocean of salt. You are denying the fire its flame, you remove oxygen from air. You are seeing things in black and white. You are racist. :) Beauty when experienced in such raw awe, makes us feel good; studies have shown. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Could we clear the clutter the system has overloaded us with? Will we then, as a people go on the craziest adventure to find Beauty in everything? I'm down if you are. Shxt, when I saw you, I felt threatened and intrigued at the same time. Why are you even talking to me? Laughing at my lame jokes. Can't you see e...