Skip to main content

WTF #6477968: I Can Only Hope



Sitting here.


I am trying my utmost to get my brain to refrain from letting your image infatuate it so. I am monitoring my breathing patterns in hopes that my heart slows down so that it might forget to beat for you. I am trying to do impossible things to take my life back. I am failing successfully. I will hope that you miss me too though. I hope you miss me with all your senses.


When you go about your day, and happen to come across a photograph, or you read my name somewhere. I can only hope that your eyes lock. I pray that your mind presses play and displays our movie of memories in such high definition; it robs you of your breath. I wish the molecules in your tears would race each other, causing a stampede in your ducts, ready to erupt and soak whatever it is you were looking at.


I can only hope that when you hear a song we both like, your ears fuzz. Shiver even. I so wish your body aches for mine so bad that you would squeeze your pillows so hard, you were eventually hugging yourself. You should let out an involuntary gasp when you hear my name mentioned, and it should echo all day, rhythmically pounding against your eardrums until you feel the need to scream it. Like you screamed it.


Should someone manage to touch you like I touched you or if some other lips have been kissing you where I've kissed, I can only hope that your skin feels the intruder and reports the act of treason. Or your mouth should forget its place and scream my name instead. Like you screamed it. I pray your torso reenacts the pleasures I made you feel. The laughter in a tickle. The adrenaline in being picked up. My teeth on your neck. My hands on your back. 


Beer, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Kush. A few of our favorite things. I can only hope that when taste them now, you become so beside yourself that you would give me skyf or attempt to explain some wild theory, peering at me over the rim a glass four times the size of your hands. I wish that when you realize I’m not there, your eyebrows sink down to your eyes as the kraken inside you is released. You should break stuff. You should love the sound of shattering glass.


I can hope that you get to smell me sometimes. Maybe on that T shirt or that jacket you still have. Or you could go nuts with the tester of the cologne I wore. I can only hope that you would ignore the strange way people stare when you’re standing there with your wrist stuck to your nose. I can hope that your fingers tire and cramp up from making fists with my shirt buried in your hands. You would inhale more than you should just so you can be a little breathless.



Sitting here; this is what I mean when I say I miss you. I can only hope you mean the same when you say it back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Written For Spoken #3: Defeated Victor by Glen

" 'Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.' -        ~Sun Tzu I once knew a woman of admirable values. Her beauty so deep, it resonates from the inside out.   She was beautiful down to her soul, th e kind of beauty lasts forever , or so I thought. You could spot her in a crowd of thousands, for her beauty is unique. But over time she has been swallowed by the crowd and I can barely recognize her. When I see her face now, I see a stranger clad in anger, disguised in sorrow and bitterness and I can’t make out who she is. She looks at me with anger and regret, her gaze burning straight through me as if she intentionally wants to pierce my soul with her stare of a thousand daggers. I can’t even look in her eyes as the tinted windows of her soul bear no resemblance to the warmth I once knew as my sanctuary. I remember when things were simple and loving each other was like air, eas

Written for Spoken #2: See You In Heaven by Raandjua

"Like a rose in full bloom, life's thorns and flowers prickle and pierce the veins to my heart My tear glands have dried up like a once delicate flower in the Namib Dessert on a cold cold winter night   Mya's white pearls intertwined between my fingers remind me of our time together and how we used to make each other smile   Summer rain-red robots-screeching tires...the ear-piercing sound of ambulance sirens in the dark of the night, came as if, from the mouth of the angel of death   Summer rain-red robots-screeching tires…and just like that, the love of my life was gone   Fallen autumn pebbles on the sidewalk awaken visions of blood-drenched leaves   Memories of song and dance are ever-present realities, in a reality, devoid of life   Those mourning lost loved ones and lost love are the subjects of my envy Tears run down their cheeks and I reach over to wipe them away, as I pray, that their tears, never run away   For once they do, then they too will one day be st

Written For Spoken #4: A Legend of a Smile

I saw her. On the insides of my eyelids where she resides on her throne of brightness; she’s a sun in a dark room, and I sat there charging in her radiance like a Kryptonian. Every ray, a soft stroke telling me it’s ok to love again.  Her skin is velvet. Silk strands merged with my fingers. As I held her hand, her gaze tore through my fallen generations and handpicked me to award this smile to. It’s magic, but it’s fire... keeps you warm. Especially when you rub your hands over her, or MARSHMALLOWS, You could fry marshmallows on her soul. Every time I looked at her, my being shook, like opening a new book where the first few lines got you hooked. The silent alarm, telling Neo to wake up.  The way her face lit up; the sparkle in her eye like a torch on a Tamagochi. Her cheeks running away from each other, kept together by that cute nose, eyes collapsing in an explosion of happiness.  Was that a giggle or is Olympus falling? Is she a goddess come to grant me a laugh so fluffy I